6 AMAZING COUPLES SCRAPBOOKING IDEAS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT
Love is in the air!
Putting together a scrapbook album to celebrate your relationship is fun and a lovely stroll down memory lane!
In this guide we'll show you how to put together the ultimate album to celebrate!
Scrapbook ideas for your wedding, engagement or anniversary
Idea # 1 – Choosing the right background. Romantic or whimsical.
Idea # 2 – Draw attention with special effects on photos
Choosing how to display your photos is key
for your wedding scrapbooking layouts
or engagement scrapbook.
Because your photos will be the focal point of each layout, it's worth putting special effort into displaying them.
Here are three popular scrapbook ideas
that will help your photos really come alive:
Choosing the right background can highlight your photos
You can also do this for other special events that happened in your relationship that happens to have been documented well.
Idea # 3 – 'DEAR SWEETIE...' Make sure you include those love notes!
Did you and your hubby exchange love letters and notes? Do you still have them?
Choose a few of your favorites and photocopy them onto acid-free paper. Frame each letter or note with ribbon, twine, or strips of cardstock with hearts punched out.
Include a photo from the time period of the letter. Journal where the two of you were located when you received the note. This becomes especially touching if your husband was in the service or living in a different state because of his job.
You're also going to want to print out screenshots of your most memorable chats or text messages? If not, you'd want to put in some of the funniest or craziest exchanges in your relationship even as far as back before he became your boyfriend.
Idea # 4 – Make a top 5 or 10 'what i love about you' list
Idea # 5 – Recapture memories of a special date
Idea # 6 – Add a fun touch and enhance layouts with scrapbook embellishments
Bonus: Your Beautiful Couple Scrapbook Layout Guide
Having a life-long best friend is how I see having someone in marriage for eternity. This is my inspiration for this love scrapbook page layout.
For my scrapbook layout, I wanted to show the practical scrapbooker in me. The technique I used for my page is creating your own pattern paper.
You also have the option of creating your own embellishments with your own tools and equipment... or to even be more practical... upcycle or recycle materials for the love of Mother Nature.
In my layout, I focused on creating my own pattern by painting on a design. If you think you're not good at painting, it's not a problem, and do some abstract strokes. To save time, choose easy-to-dry student's paint. I created my own handmade heart tag for the lovely couple to matt their photo with.
Done in predominantly sweet color tones and hues, I wanted to make it look cute or sweet, hence entitled it, "A LOVE STORY".
Tell your love stories thru embellishments or some collected memorabilia from that wonderful day captured in a photo and now into a page. If you have none, you can opt for cut-outs from magazines or an old card lying around. It's a small but meaningful way to save nature, right?
Here's how I made this absolutely gorgeous page!
Couple Scrapbook Step-by-Step Guide
♥ Watercolor Paper (Canson)
♥ Camel Watercolor Paint
♥ Toyodo Watercolor Paint
Embellishments and Decorations:
♥ Happy Days Pattern Papers (Echo Park)
♥ Wooden Key Chipboard
♥ Embellishments (Rosie's Studio)
♥ Wooden Heart Chipboard
♥ Foam Letter Stickers (All About Scrapbooking)
♥ Subway Chipboard Stickers – Thickers (American Crafts)
♥ 2 Paris Washi Tapes
♥ Heart Rub-Ons (Bee Happy Crafts)
♥ 1 meter beige Lace
♥ Pink Fibers Adornaments (EK Success)
♥ Silver Thin Glitter Ribbon
♥ Baby Blue Embroidery Floss (DMC)
♥ Post Office Wooden Heart Stamp
♥ Craft Pick (Tonic Studios)
♥ Scallop Scissors (Provo Craft)
♥ Stapler and Staple Wires
Include romantic and cute couple scrapbooking embellishments in each of your layouts. Here are some fun and creative embellishments for romantic scrapbook ideas:
Wait! Now That You Know These Amazing Couples Ideas For Your Page, Then You'll Need To Know How To Apply Them On Your Layout....Let Me Show You...
1. Cut a 12×12 in size watercolor paper from your pad.
2. Prepare your watercolour paints, brush, and water. Paint and create your own pattern paper from your white blank watercolor paper.
3. Cut embellishments such as pattern paper strips, word strips, tickets, flower graphic images, and paper flairs. Create a heart handmade tag from plain pattern paper. Position everything at the center of your layout with the photo. Adhere. Then, include a pink fiber and a silver ribbon for the handmade tag.
4. Get your letters and create a layout title – A LOVE STORY.
5. Choose 2 Paris Washi Tapes. Put washi tapes into your layout.
6. Prepare baby blue embroidery floss and your stitching tools. Stitch on your handmade heart tag. This was done last or after the handmade heart tag is adhered to the layout, to further anchor the tag to the paper thru stitching. But, you may also opt to stitch on your handmade tag before adhering It to your layout.
7. Adorn heart and key wooden embellishments to your layout.
8. Staple a strip of lace on the bottom of your photo.
9. Put heart rub-ons all around your layout.
10. Stamp hearts all around your layout with a wooden heart stamp.
11. Journal the couple's names. I used calligraphy in journaling – Dan Lyons and Anna Lyons.