Scrapbook Printables: Everything You Need To Know!
Tools For Working With Scrapbook Printables
The only tools you need to use scrapbook printables are your computer, some paper to print on and your printer. Here we have listed some additional tools that are optional to use with your printable scrapbook cutouts.
• Cardstock or photo paper
• Paper trimmer
• Circle templates and French curves
• Craft cutting knives
• Embossing tools
• Electronic cutting machines
Where To Source Scrapbook Printables
Any printable resource can be adapted into a scrapbook printable with a little imagination.
You will need to ensure that the resolution of the printable scrapbook decorations are appropriate for your project and that you are able to use the file format that the printable is provided in.
Digital Scrapbooking designers and communities create graphics exclusively for scrapbooking and provide both freebies and items for purchase.
Fonts and dingbats can be printed to any size you like. Create custom alphas from your favourite font, or make a giant sized initial to frame your focal image.
Use your cutter to cut out the printable scrapbook decorations for you or use the same files and print them first then cut them yourself using your preferred method.
What To Do With Scrapbook Printables
Before printing out your scrapbook printables, you may want to think about some of the following to turn your scrapbook printable into the perfect embellishment for your project
• resizing it (super sizing and shrinking can change the impact and design use of your chosen printable scrapbook decoration)
• changing the color
• adding shadows or strokes around the image
After printing out your scrapbook printable cutouts, here are a few things you can do with them (before they get to your layout)
• use color wash over the entire image to give it a different hue or to 'age' it
• distress it
• emboss it
• chalk or ink the edges
• stencil shapes around the print out and cut out along the stencilled shape
• tear-out the printable scrapbook decoration instead of using scissors
• transfer the printable scrapbook cutout to another material (like timber, clay or fabric) using a transfer method
Lastly, don't forget the most important scrapbook printables of them all, your beautiful photographs!