6 Creative Ways To Use Scrapbooking Buttons On Your Pages For A Beautiful Finish!
• Layout with a baby boy theme – use blue buttons or teddy bear shaped buttons
• Wedding layout – glue buttons onto a piece of ribbon or lace and use as a border
• Layout of past generations – use antique looking buttons or pearl buttons
• Halloween layout – alternate black and orange buttons
• Easter layout – alternate green, pink and yellow buttons
2. Include buttons as part of your title designs.
Usually a lot of thought is put into creating the title of a layout. For added charm, include buttons. You might want to use just one button as the dot for the letter "i", create the first letter out of buttons, or just tuck a button into the title here and there.
Wait! Now That You Know This Embellishment Idea, Then You Should Start Working On Your Scrapbook....Let Me Show You...
3. Add a fun touch to layout shapes.
Incorporating buttons with shapes and cut-outs can turn a simple design into one that adds a special flair to the overall layout. Some ideas to consider are:
• Add a button to the top of a Christmas tree
• Use buttons on the front of a snowman
• Place a button as the center of a flower
• Use red buttons for a ladybug
• Yellow buttons can become the flames on birthday candles
• Draw a green stem and add two red buttons as cherries
• You can even add a button to a die cut! This is a super easy way to give your layout a whimsical touch.
• Make a border out of buttons to divide a page into halves.
4. Tack items with buttons.
5. Utilize clear buttons.
6. Enhance stamped images.
Want to create an elegant looking layout? In one of the corners use floral and vine stamps. As you color in the stamped images with green and one other color, include a few buttons of the same color. The buttons will help your images pop and will look stunning.
A few things to keep in mind...
• Asking friends to save the extra buttons that come with new clothes
• Going to a thrift store and look for cheap clothing that have fun buttons
• Ordering a bag of mixed buttons from an online craft store. Some stores actually sell scrapbook buttons which are thinner than most regular buttons.
• Checking out garage sales that advertise sewing items