Enter your email, and we'll send instantly send you our "Ultimate Scrapbooking Organization Guide!"
Are you heading to your first scrapbook retreat or are you a seasoned veteran needing some travel scrapbook ideas on how to get the most out of your crafting retreats? Either way, I am sure you will find these scrapbook tips incredibly useful, the next time you need to prepare for a retreat.
• Work at a pace you find comfortable.
• Try not to compare yourself to the power scrapper across the table churning out loads of layouts.
• Plan for as many layouts as you would like to achieve comfortably at your usual pace +1 extra (per day of the retreat). That way you have a backup in the event you are super efficient.
Your first retreat will probably not be the most productive one, this is okay and expected. No beating yourself up or trying to do so much that you don't enjoy the experience.
• If you're attending the retreat to socialize, be inspired by others, or shop from the vendors, that is okay too, just have fun.
• Remember, it's a retreat not a boot camp!
Want to make the most out of your scrapbook layout ideas? Click here and check out our Layout Ideas Books and check all the amazing tips that come with it!
• If you would like to scrap with music, ensure that you are not disturbing those around you. Pack headphones just in case your taste in music or preferred volume stifles the creative juices of those around you.
• Bring your own small garbage bag and tidy your work station when practical.
• Don't infringe on others' allocated space.
• If you don't have an inside voice, (like me), keep overly personal, controversial or risque conversation to a minimum or do it outside.
• Return shared resource items as soon as practical after using them.
• Try not to accidentally pack someone's favorite tools because it looks just like yours!
• Refrain from critiquing others' layouts if you haven't been invited to do so, however do compliment freely.
• Turn your cell phone on silent and take calls outside if someone does get in touch.
• Take along a drink bottle or cup with a lid, so that you are less likely to dribble on or spill on others or your own work.
Wait! Now That You Have An Amazing Theme For Your Page, Then You'll Need To Know What Layout To Use....Let Me Show You...
♥How to START and FINISH a layout to perfection (so no more pushing things around on a page for hours and hours).
♥How to get your creative juices flowing again so you'll NEVER experience scrappers block again!
♥How to always have the perfect scrapbook layout for every occasion!
• Find out before hand what shared resources are available at the retreat you are attending.
• Liaise with friends as to who will be bringing what when it comes to bulkier items that lend themselves to being shared.
• Label and mark your tools and supplies so that you know what is yours when you need to take it all home again