Enter your email, and we'll send instantly send you our "Ultimate Scrapbooking Organization Guide!"
When it comes to Scrapbook Ideas for Different Events, creating a first birthday scrapbook is high on the list for any crafty parent!
However, it is important to create a scrapbook that will last for a long time because this is a very precious event to scrapbook.
Otherwise, your child might experience what you most likely experienced–receiving a baby book with loose pages, bent photos and yellowed clippings. Not a pleasant sight.
The following tips will help you create a first birthday scrapbook album that will last for many years to come.
Want more scrapbooking layout tips that will preserve all your precious moments? Click here and check out our Books full of wonderful scrapbooking ideas!
There are many first birthday scrapbook albums or kits that you can purchase from a store or online.
These albums contain page protectors.If you make your own album, be sure to purchase acid-free, archival-safe page protectors. These protectors will help photos, die-cuts, stickers, etc. keep their color and not turn yellow.
A few brands to consider are American Crafts, Pioneer, KMA or We R Memory Keepers.
Wait! Now That You Have This Amazing Birthday Theme For Your Page, Then You'll Need To Know How To Start Scrapping....Let Me Show You...
♥How to START and FINISH a layout to perfection (so no more pushing things around on a page for hours and hours).
♥How to get your creative juices flowing again so you'll NEVER experience scrappers block again!
♥How to always have the perfect scrapbook layout for every occasion!
One of the favorite steps in creating a first birthday scrapbook is to decide what you want the scrapbook album to contain. Here are some ideas to consider:
- photos of your child taken throughout the year – be sure to include a photo taken at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 1 year
- journaling about milestones – first steps, first word, first food, etc.
- birthday party invitation
- decorations from the birthday party – trimmed and used as embellishments for layouts
- photos of baby enjoying the birthday cake
- birthday cards
- photos of family and relatives
- highlight's of baby's first year (i.e. trips, special occasions)
- newspaper clippings of important events that took place during baby's first year